03 January 2011

святейшее дерьмо

Or, loosely translated, holy shit.

This is incredible, what the Russians have done. Down 2 goals with 5 to go against Finland in the quarters, Kuznetsov takes over, they dig DEEP and win it in OT. Down 1with less than 2 minutes to go against Sweden in the semis, JUST AFTER THE SWEDES HAD SCORED A BACKBREAKING GO AHEAD GOAL, they tie it, force OT, win it by the skin of their teeth in the shootout. And Russia, get this, LOST THEIR FIRST TWO GAMES of the tournament, getting shitkicked by Canada in the opener, then getting shut out by Sweden. They change goalies, the backup takes over and looks like Hasek in his prime. If the Russians were Canada, we'd never hear the end of this. Ever. Jon Slaney's grandkids would be telling their grandkids about it. If we lose, Russia all the way baby.

Elephant in the room. Yeah. I haven't posted for almost two years, and this is only my second post. I'm getting back into this blogging game, consarnit. I think too much for it not to be recorded somewhere, and this is, to date, the best blog idea I've come up with. Canuck Countdown. An omage to Keith Olbermann, news pundit who has fallen out of favour with me. If you want to know why, read my friend Jarrah's blog, particularly this http://www.gender-focus.com/2010/12/21/keith-olbermann/

I'm the friend she bought a mug for Christmas for.

I'll return to the worst person's format anyway, because it's fun, and clearly the worst persons in hockey today are all the writers who won't say a damn thing about what the Russians have done in the 2011 World Juniors. If it were Canada, it'd be replayed on TSN for years.

1 comment: